With Optum360’s MedicalCodeExperts, you get the choice of five coding experts to assist with your coding efficiency and compliance.
These experts include everything that is in the pertinent Optum360 book, in a more convenient, digital format, and just as affordable.
- Current Procedural Coding Expert
- HCPCS Expert
- ICD Expert for Physicians
- ICD Expert for Hospitals
- ICD Expert for Post-acute Care
Get only those codes sets you really need, and are lots easier to use than books.
- Simple. Fast, online searches help you maximize coding efficiency and proficiency—guidelines and rules built into search functionality
- Code descriptions and clinical information are updated monthly—HIPAA compliant
- Add-ons are available to customize every need
- User can toggle easily between other Optum360 digital solutions
Add-ons Available for MedicalCodeExperts, at an additional cost:
ADA Dental Codes – HCPCS Coding Expert
AHA Coding Clinic – HCPCS – HCPCS Coding Expert
AHA Coding Clinic – ICD – Experts for Hospital, Physician, and Post-acute Care
AMA CPT® Assistant – Current Procedural Coding Expert
AMA CPT® Changes: An Insider’s View – Current Procedural Coding Expert
AMA CPT® Content Module – Current Procedural Coding Expert
Clinical Documentation Improvement – Experts for Hospital and Physician
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Current Procedural Coding Expert is not a replacement for the American Medical Association's CPT® Standard or Professional code books.
Internet Browser Upgrade May Be Required
If your internet browser is Internet Explorer version 10 or lower, or Chrome version 30 or lower, or Firefox version 27 or lower, then on 01/01/2017 your Optum360® web-based coding reference application will no longer function correctly unless you take action before then.
If your internet browser is Internet Explorer version 11 or higher, or Chrome version 31 or higher, or Firefox version 28 or higher, then no action is required.
See more details when you login.
Features and benefits
- Faster, easier searches of codes. Locate the code you need with a term search, or scroll through the index to access sections from the code book.
- Immediate guidance from user-friendly AMA, Optum360, and/or Medicare color-coded edits, guidelines, and instructions. Avoid thumbing through multiple code books searching for information.
- Always current code descriptions and clinical information. Code more confidently knowing that you are accessing up-to-date extensive appendixes, commonly miscoded procedures, Medicare requirements, and glossaries with a click of the mouse.
- Anatomical illustrations. Large displays of anatomical illustrations on your screen to help you better understand procedures and anatomy so you can select the best possible codes.
- Mapping. The ICD Experts Includes ICD-9 codes mapped to ICD-10 codes using the GEM (General Equivalency Mappings) and proprietary Optum360 Map Selects.
- Optum360 Edge—Optum360 Library. The Post-acute Care Expert includes supplemental content has been added that address home health and hospice reimbursement and coverage issues including:
- Overview of Home Health Prospective Payment System
- Qualifications for Medicare Coverage of Home Health
- Oasis Diagnosis Guidance
- Case-mix Variables and Scores
- Clinical Dimension Case-mix Groups
- NRS Case-mix Adjustment Variables and Scores
- Diagnosis Categories for NRS Case-mix Adjustments
- Valid Diagnosis/Etiology Pairings
- Hospice Criteria for Medicare Coverage of Non-cancer Hospice Care
- Hospice Guidance and Quality Reporting Guidance
- Optum360 FastFinder(TM) for Home Health